Re: Package/System-specific repoquery

Richi Plana wrote:
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:30:15 -0700
Richi Plana <myfedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a way to do the equivalent of "repoquery --whatprovides
<class-name>" Java? As in "repoquery --whatprovides
com.netscape.sasl.Sasl"? I mean, the information is there. Is the
semantics and the smarts available in repoquery?
The package itself would have to Provide it, either manually or
automatically  (and doing automatic provides such as these seems like
it would bloat the provides list pretty fast, but we have some history
with perl packages.)

It's actually pretty important meta-info ... perhaps not for desktop or
server users, but developers could use that info. I understand that RPM
or rpmbuild examines the contents of JAR files.

IMO, without a module system this is less useful. That's why I wanted to do it for OSGi provides and not the general case (well, that and it's easier and useful to me as an Eclipse developer and packager :).

Andrew