Re: System-config Reworking Proposal

Lubomir Kundrak wrote:

I'm not saying we are. It was just a good friendly advise. Other
question would be -- why use it? Only use that can't be replaced by
other existing (and better) tools is to give untrusted users access to
privileged tools that weren't designed in security with mind.

If it was advise, it didn't sound quite like it. There are several hundreds of thousands of users using sudo regularly. Our tools should work with them regardless of whatever imperfections you perceive with using sudo. Having said that, if you have better alternatives to suggest, then it would make it a more complete advise.

Rahul