Re: kst and automake/autoconf/etc issue.

Matthew D Truch wrote:
Greetings,

I'd like to package up the newest version of kst (1.5.0), but it seems
that the kst developers didn't quite generate the tarball correctly and
during build it needs automake/autoconf packages installed to compile
(unlike previous versions).  The kst devels aren't too interested in
helping resolve this.  Should I go the lazy route and add the
autoconf/automake BR to the spec so it'll build, or should I attempt to
generate a patch which fixes things.  I'm a complete N00b when it comes
to automake/autoconf, so if you know your way around such systems, I'd
love your help/advice.
Thanks.

PS - The kst webpage is at:
http://kst.kde.org/
along with the most recent tarball:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/apps/KDE3.x/scientific/kst-1.5.0.tar.gz
I've come across tarballs like that.  All you really have to do is put
autoreconf
before the call to %configure, and then add autoconf and automake as dependencies. Crappy, yeah, but if you have to generate the dependencies you don't have much of a choice.