Re: kernel RPMs dependency on removing prior kernel?

On Nov 14, 2007 10:53 PM, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is the following kernel RPM behavior really necessary?
Simple answer... By default yum is configured to keep exactly 2
kernels installed. You can disable that by editting yum.conf.

Why is it erroring out instead of removing the nvidia kmod?  No
idea... i should be telling you it will remove the dependent kmod as
well. I would need to poke at the rpmdb depchains of an affected
system to get a clear picture as to why its failing.  This works as
expect on the F7 system with nvidia kmods that I have. Haven't moved
that system to F8 yet so I can't comment on the behavior on an F8
system.

-jef