Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Sunday 11 November 2007, Peter Gordon wrote:
$ cvs diff -u branch-dir/ | colordiff | less -R

Of course, this is very tedious to type

/usr/bin/cdiff (in the colordiff package) would simplify that a bit :)

Dude!  Rock on!

After just showing a newbie in IRC colour ls, colour grep, and a few others yesterday, I said something along the lines "time to google for a colour diff anytime about now". I was sure I'd heard of one in the past, but couldn't remember for sure. ;o)

Incidentally, there is a plugin for thunderbird called "Colored Diffs" that does colour highlighting on diffs pretty nicely as well.

(P.S. Yes, I'm aware I spelled colour both ways. The Canadian way for proper Canadian usage of the word, and the American way to match literal usage in commands. ;o) People point that out to me all the time, so I thought I'd jump the gun this time. ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris

Come and join us on the #fedora8 IRC help forum on irc.freenode.net