Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

Matej Cepl wrote:
On 2007-11-08, 14:33 GMT, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
any plans to replace it by git, mercurial, svn or other more modern version control system?
We don't use it as a true version conrtol system anyways.

Could you elaborate on this answer a little bit, please?

- CVS server outage :)
Other services never have outages?

They don't -- have you ever heard about distributed VC? If the repository I am working against has outage, then I don't care.

But what's the point? If you make a change that can't be committed to the central repository, why should anyone else care? And if others are making conflicting changes and you can't update from them, you'll just keep wasting your time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx