Re: F9 Feature Process

Matthias Clasen wrote:
Out of interest, I didn't see any information about how we did in terms of features that made it in vs features that were dropped or deferred in your F8 recap. Did we drop anything, and if so, have you looked at why ?

Thanks for all of your feedback. I will make sure FESCo considers it when they discuss changes to the policy.

In terms of stats on features that were dropped or deferred--I did not actively track them, but that is in interesting question. Would there be value in doing that or is anecdotal evidence enough? I ask because tracking it is all manual :)

In almost all of the cases, FESCo and the feature owner(s) agreed that a particular feature wasn't ready enough and should be deferred a the time approval was being voted on OR features with stale statuses that I raised at FESCo after not hearing back from the feature owner when it was pretty much known that that particular feature was not going to be completed.

Then there were a couple of features where the feature was approved, nothing happened with it and then it was dropped because the owner said it wasn't really considered a feature... http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Bookmarks

John