file system mount

hi all!

i have a system with fedora 7 and rhel 5 installed. recently, i changed
the f7 to rawhide. now whenever i boot up, it mounts all the file
systems related to rhel5 along with it and displays on the desktop.
dmesg says /dev/sda1 mounted on /media/_1 and so on. I want to disable
this feature. i don't know if this is anything useful ?? i even don't
know if its a feature or a bug... can any one please help me out with
this thing ? i understand hal is doing this (??), but why ? and even
when i unmount it, the same can still be found in /media. right clicking
on those partitions give me the option of mounting/unmounting them. but
i don't want to let them appear in my rawhide systems totally. anyone
else has this experience on rawhide??how do i disable it ??

thanks in advance.

with regards,
amitakhya phukan.
begin:vcard