Re: Feedback from PulseAudio 0.9.7 SVN (Was: Current problems with Rawhide)

Lennart Poettering wrote:
Those logs don't tell much. Except that PA cannot get hold of the
audio device because some other process is using it.

It will tell you which processes have opened your audio devices
Yeah, I managed to find the cause; PulseAudio was trying to grab the audio device twice, and the error came from the second attempt. When I corrected the error in the configuration file, those errors went away.

However, I can confirm that there's some kind of memory leak problem in the ESound protocol handling, which I narrowed down to the do_read method via tracking the error message I got in the source. As I mentioned before, sometimes PulseAudio will jump to 50%+ memory used and then shut itself off; when I ran it using pulseaudio -vv, the error I got lines up with the do_read function's general error messages. I can get a log of that if necessary as well.