Re: Multiarch crazyiness

Hans de Goede wrote:

The current multilib solution in rpm is far from pretty, it works well, but definitively has downsides. I think as is its a reasonable comprimise, lets not add bandaids and patches to it for issues which should be solved elsewhere, I feel the pain of maintainers getting these bugs (I got 15 of them), but they are fixable without requiring the addition of yet another multilib kludge to rpm.

Well the question is still really where should these issues ultimately be solved? Is kludging the rpms any more elegant than patching rpm? I must admit I have no idea how other distro's deal with these kind of issues.

--
Ian Chapman.