Re: Default Firefox settings

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Does there exist any useful statistical data out there to verify the "not insignificant number" claim? I've been browsing the web with pipelining enabled for ages and have yet to come across a page that doesn't work. Is the problem real or one of these myths that stay around because people read on the internet that pipelining has problems so it must be true?

You could look to see how many Apache 1.3.x webservers are out there still via Netcraft, etc. Unless it's had a patch to it (I've not kept up on Apache 1.3). My blog post [1] should help you figure out what data to look for if you want to figure this out.

[1] http://christopher.aillon.org/blog/dev/mozilla/20050105-pipelining.html