Re: Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Douglas McClendon wrote:

Is it ok for
anyone and everyone to do so with any set of software? Does the current trademark guidelines match the goals of the project?

Honestly, what business is it of yours, how people distribute *unmodified* copies of fedora?

Some modifications are explicitly allowed by the trademark guidelines. My question to the Fedora Project Board was whether it should be.

But you do see, that our point of disagreement is over whether or not what I described was a 'modification'. I.e. your question is irrelevant to the conversation, since no modification is taking place.

Sure I'd love to have a legal license
which states that any free software I write, cannot be used by governments to support in any way whatsoever an institution which engages in 'baiting' tactics that use entrapment as justification for murder, but I'm a realist.

Such a restriction wouldn't qualify as Free software at all.

That was my point.

-dmc