Re: [RFC] /var versus /srv

Richi Plana wrote:
If there's any interest, I could make spec files (based off of the
latest SRPM) for one of these packages to move the data directory
from /var to /srv. Just let me know which packages you find interesting
and I'll submit the spec file to the package maintainer (or here if
Fedora doesn't want to move it).

Hold on there partner :-) In the case of mailman (and many other packages) you can't just move things around without updating the selinux policy in lock step. Then there's the issue of breaking all the scripts out in the field which think they know where files are located, you're going to ruffle a lot of feathers if you move things without a big prior announcement and plenty of warning and plenty of justification. So far in this discussion I have yet to hear anything compelling enough to warrant the massive disruption this would cause.

John