Re: rawhide report: 20070912 changes

> Christopher Stone <chris.stone <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Ralf Corsepius, the maintainer of the OpenSceneGraph packages in
> > Fedora is being extremely difficult in helping to fix this dependency
> > problem.
>
> Oh no, not again!
>
> I am starting to get really fed up with Ralf's continuous lack of cooperation
> (also when it comes to stuff like properly following procedures). :-(
What are you referring to? Where am I not cooperating?

The things I am actively boycotting are
- acls, because they prevent cooperation
- EPEL, because I consider it harmful to Fedora.
- the fedora sponsorship model, because it has regressed into a bad
joke.

> Even though I'm not personally interested in these packages, I added a comment
> (actually 2 because I forgot something in the first one) to the bug report. For
> the record, I completely agree with you, adding the .pc file is the right thing
> to do here.
Once again:

1. Upstream has abandoned the *.pc's.
=> They decided to change their programmmer's infrastructure.

2. The patch Chris wants me to add is Debian's *.pc's.
=> They are a vendor specific and proprietary approach
=> They are designed in a way, they prevent parallel installation of a
potential OSG1 and OSG2 package.

3. At the very moment I activate the *.pc's I carry around for months,
will not help Chris. They are designed to support parallel installation
of OSG1 and OSG2 (openscenegraph-2.pc)

To me, Chris simply has not understood that OSG2 is completely
incompatible to OSG1. Having abandoned the *.pc's, and now being
confronted with competing implementations of *.pc are symptoms of this.
Also he doesn't want to understand that the packages he is maintaining
carry bugs which prevent them from being used without pkgconfig files.

Ralf