Re: Announcing rpmfusion

Richi Plana wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 10:37 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 15:26 -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:03:51 +0200
Jaroslaw Gorny <jaroslav@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another example: inclusion of mp3 support libraries, but without
rebuilding audio players.

If this is the case, wouldn't such a repo be useless?
With things like gstreamer you don't have to rebuild audio apps.
gstreamer plugins will plug into the base gstreamer framework and audio
apps just make use of whatever plugins are available.
Now if only that were as easy as "yum install gstreamer-plugin-lame" or
"yum install lame-plugin-gstreamer" (in case you wanted to do "yum
install lame lame-plugin-*").
It is that easy.  go to rpm.livna.org and download the correct
repository rpm.  Once this is installed, type:

yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad

I'm sorry. You missed my point. You can't just install lame and it's
accompanying application plugins. Sure, you can install
gstreamer-plugins-bad, but even different repositories have support for
different libraries.

Speaking of gstreamer-plugins-bad, I don't even grab mine from any
repository. I have to compile my own as I use the timidity and wildmidi
plugins (which aren't enabled in any of the repos, as far as I can
tell).

Argh, you are right they aren't enabled in livna. Next time please file a bug about things like this. I specially packaged libtimidity and wildimidi for Fedora so that I could enable them, I'll do a new gstreamer-plugins-bad for livna fixing this shortly.

Regards,

Hans