Re: Changing a Package's Name.

Jochen Schmitt wrote:
Steve Dickson schrieb:
Upstream has renamed a package. So I was wondering what
would the best approach to handle this. Create an entirely new
package or do some type of rename in CVS pool?

The rename is libgssapi to libgssglue which will
effect all the dependences for the nfs-utils* packages.

I think, you should add a CVS-Admin request to create a new module with
the new package name
and start the retired package procedure described on

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

for the module with the old name. In the dead.package file you should
write, that the package
was renamed and where you can find the renamed package.
OK, thanks for the pointer...

steved.