Re: XULRunner status

Michel Salim wrote:
Hello,

Is XULRunner still intended to be included in Fedora 8?

Yes, though it's getting bogged down with building churn.

> openSUSE has
been using it since at least 10.2 (late last year) -- they don't build
Firefox off it, but applications like Liferea are built against
xulrunner, which makes it much easier to release Firefox security
updates without triggering rebuilds of dependent apps.

Because they don't ship updates to their XULRunner 1.8.0.4(?) which would be equivalent to Firefox 1.5.0.4, security warts and all. There are something like 30+ critical unfixed security holes in their version last I looked which in turn affect apps such as liferea, though I'm guessing not all would affect all apps equally.