On 06/09/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:41:02 -0700
> Peter Gordon <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 19:49 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > > Probably, though I'm against killing it. I'll probably bring this
> > > up for discussion at the end of the meeting, since we have some
> > > other topics that are a lot more pressing.
> >
> > Yeah, I'm against killing it for the same reasons as have been stated.
> > Just was curious, that's all. :)
>
> How's this for odd.  We asked to kill it on -maintainers and nobody
> objected.  We blurb about it on -devel and now we get objections?
Because subscription to -maintainers isn't mandatory?

Although it is for maintainers of course.

Essentially, maintainers (or those subscribed to the maintainers list) have asked for it to be closed. Now the discussion moves to -devel and developers want it left open. Those arguing in favour of leaving -maintainers open are not subscribed to it (or have missed the rather long thread on the subject - unlikely) so its difficult to understand how they can appreciate the issue of crosstalk that is happening. I'm also in favour of -maintainers closure FWIW or at least would be interested to hear how the line between the two lists (or a replacement) could be more definitive.

Cheers
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com