Re: installing more fonts by default for better international coverage

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Jens Petersen wrote:

In the recent online I18n session at FUDConF8 there was some discussion of installation defaults related to international language support, and it was suggested that we should be installing more fonts by default to get better desktop language display coverage out of the box.

Do it. I've stopped counting the times I've opened something like wikipedia and seen broken glyphs in the cross-wikilinks to arabic, hindi or whatever. It should *just work*. I even consider it a bug...

Linus