Re: Gnome Network Manager Applet issue?

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 11:26 -0400, Mark wrote:
Some reply's on this please.

I did some further investigation and found out that i am able to make
a qireless connection IF i make a cable connection first (big bug).
Also the nm-applet icon is sometimes not visable!!
and most of the time the nm-applat only shows when i run:
"NetworkManager" under root.

When it's not run under ruut but as a user i get this
error:"Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

I was wondering about that error, so I looked into it. The latest
upstream bug-buddy has some code in it from google which enables the
gnomebreakpad functionality. Unfortunately, it doesn't even come close
to building on non-i686 platforms, which is probably why we haven't
bumped to that version.

That and there are some other questions upstream about where to place some of its files/libraries. We're waiting for that to settle down before we bump.