Re: awk missing from buildroot?

Paul Howarth wrote:
Mike McGrath wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:52:27 -0700
Wart <wart@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

According to the FullExceptionList[1], awk is supposed to be included
in the minimal build root as part of 'gawk'.  But my yadex build
failed because awk wasn't found:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=116912&name=build.log

Is this a temporary failure, or something more serious?

--Wart
[1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FullExceptionList

Argh.  We just need to pull the FullExceptionList.  It's variable and
changes over time based on the depchains of those in the Exception list.

Doesn't look like gawk is pulled in via deps from the Exception list
anymore.

We have to have something to give to everyone, what will it be?

The full exception list is easily enough generated by a script for anyone with mock setup to do development builds (I think that's how it was generated in the first place, wasn't it?). How about removing the existing list and replacing it with a separate page for each release, automatically regenerated periodically (would older releases ever need re-doing?)?

That's actually what made me think something was wrong. I had done a mock build 5 minutes before submitting the build to koji. The mock build didn't complain about any missing deps, but koji did.

--Wart