Re: kde4 status?

Josh Boyer napsal(a):
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:01:29 +0200
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:

Grumbel, now that was a very usefull answer (NOT) can people please
refrain from answering questions about things which they have no clue
about, and instead go RTFM? (kde4 is planned for F-8 inclusion), see:

Actually, Michael does have a clue.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/FeatureList

Yes, that is out of date.

and notice how KDE4 is on the approved features list, and:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureKDE4

As is this.

KDE4 will not be in F8.  The KDE team is working on a parallel
installable packages for rawhide.  This was discussed in a FESCo
meeting quite a while ago.

josh

I think it would be better switch to KDE4 as soon as it possible (right now) and don't try maintain KDE3 and KDE4 simulateously. Of course, it will cause unstability, KDE team will be under heavy load, conservative people could get heart attack etc. But I think new Fedora is more about new features than about stability. Also if we switch to KDE4 now we should discover more bugs and make upcomming KDE more stable. Bug-free work is enemy of good work in our business :)

Adam