Re: PulseAudio is now enabled by default on new Fedora installs

On Thu, 16.08.07 23:25, Martin Sourada (martin.sourada@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > As I mentioned, I am working on some solution that can improve the
> > situation.
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> What about swfdec? Did you tried if it works, or have any information
> concerning this? I know, it's flash, it's not in Fedora, but it is FOSS
> anyway...

swfdec is still far away for being a suitable flash replacement. Unfortunately.

> Also what about apps with xine-lib backend? AFAIK they should
> support pulse audio, but I didn't tried it yet...

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Xine

I wrote that driver ages ago for an old version of PA and someone else
ported it to newer PA versions. I haven't used Xine in ages, and am
not sure how well it works.

Lennart