Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:02:16 -0400, Peter Jones wrote

And that's still the absolute wrong answer.  The right answer is to
lock the keyboard and then turn off the display entirely; when we get
input (or a lid open event, etc.), turn it back on, paint it solid
and give a password box just like with a screensaver.

I don't want to sound paranoid or something, but paint it solid before
turning off the screen. TFT displays can be read without the backlight
on under the right light.

Well, yes. Ideally, we'd suspend the video card at that point as well, but I don't think we can do that very reliably at this point, and it'd require some more X changes as well I suspect.

--
  Peter