Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back to metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration? That would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI cards.

Rahul

Somewhat OT, but some desktop effects like the "desktop spin" make me nauseous, so as long as there is a "quick and easy" way to turn them off. As a sideline the spin effect on Mac OSX does not make me nauseous at all. It's a funny old world ...

Regards

Phil