Re: please enable XFS in anaconda

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:05:15 -0500
Eric Sandeen <esandeen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

have you tried lately?  It's always been fine on Suse...
Anaconda currently refuses to allow it.  I was curious if the technical
reason has been fixed yet or not.

I'm not sure the root cause was ever quite sorted for xfs, but after
what I found with ext3, I'm more than willing to blame generic grub
problems. :)

Hmm wonder how hard it is to spin up an anaconda that allows it, for
testing...

Perhaps not hard for the non-livecd-install case. But as the livecd installer currently works by copying an ext3 image file, instead of a format and file-level copy, that will be a bit more work. Though in a discussion about optimizing that process, Jeremy Katz did mention he might be looking into implementing that, as an improvement for the case when /usr is on a separate partition. Which would also be what would be needed for the non-ext3 (xfs) case.

-dmc