Re: CD/DVD cataloging software

Valent Turkovic wrote:

Are you sure you want me as a maintainer? :) I can contribute in many
ways but I don't feel upto being a package maintainer.

The question really isn't whether I want you as a maintainer (sure, why not?) but whether you are interested enough to do that. That is a pretty good way to ensure that the package you want in the repository are there be it cdcat or anything else.

Are there any irc/skype or any other courses on how to get the
required knowledge and become a maintainer?

There isn't a IRC course but the above wiki link has a number of good documentation which will help you get started. You can get on Freenode IRC in #fedora-devel and clarify any details. Additionally submitting a package for review will get you very good feedback from more experienced package maintainers.

Red Hat has a online program under development that is to be made available publicly once completed according to https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-July/msg00102.html

Rahul