Re: Fedora Feature Proposal: Yum Integration

On 7/18/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IIUC it would be "automatic" in that it launches say pirut to install
the missing package, which would prompt you for your root password
before continuing.

Technical question time...
how abstract can we realistically make this?  Are we talking about a
developer needing to make an explicit listing of packages or specific
provides  per application? Or is this something that can be abstracted
so that when a specific library isn't on the system some package
install dialog sequence gets fired off?

I'm guessing that abstraction really isn't possible here, and its
going to be a modest amount of work per tool to get the listings
accurate.

-jef