Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

On 6/20/07, Dan Young <dyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/19/07, n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In what way would it benefit a majority of users? I could be wrong,
> but I suspect the majority of Fedora installations only have one
> administrator, in which case, sudo actually ends up making things
> _less_ secure (it provides another account by which root access can be
> cracked).

In a "1st user gets sudo" scenario, I'd lock the root account. It
wouldn't be _another_ account to crack, it would be a different
account.

You can pry root from my cold, dead hands.

Plus, root accounts are known to be present. Usernames with sudo
access would need to be guessed or discovered through other means.

--
Dan Young <dyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services

Fedora Core 6 and proud