Re: Please don't let updates sit in testing forever

David Timms <dtimms <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
> The actual testing side could be improved by requiring that _at least
> one_ independent {ie not the code developer nor the package maintainer}
> person reports success in bugzilla for the issue that the update is
> supposed to fix. Then it would be up 2 the package maintainer to solicit
> feedback if none has been forthcoming.

Some updates would literally sit in testing forever (well, until EOL) if that
rule is enforced. So I don't think this is a good idea to have as a
requirement. It could be useful as a "SHOULD" type guideline though (but
whether independent testing makes sense really depends on what the update is
supposed to fix).

        Kevin Kofler