Re: Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUN-11

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
You're not doing this *before they get a chance to help*, effectively
saying they're a second class delivery method for their users. What's
the point of them mirroring for their users if their users are going
to use their bandwidth to try and jump on a torrent earlier?
I don't know what you mean by "their users" but if it is say a university then they can make it available in their LAN when they have the bits and not to the entire world for initial few days before the announcement.

 What? You're expecting every mirror to reconfigure special access rules
based on IP ranges or domain names just because you want to torrent ISOs
early? How is that at all practical or sensible?
You misunderstood.  See above.

No, I didn't. That comment still applies *exactly the same*. And if you
don't understand that, I'm not sure why I'm having this discussion.

Gee,

Somehow this reminds me of a discussion me and Ralf had with Rahul about a week ago. I believe I made a comment much like this one. Anyone else see a pattern here?

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Rahul,

When I saw the Fedora 7 Faq on the wiki I thought "good work!", so please don't think I do not appreciate your contributions, really I do, but ... (that has al already been said).

Talking about the Fedora 7 Faq, each time I want to reference it I type "Fedora 7 Faq" in google, as I can't find it through the wiki. Maybe there should be a link on the frontpage, or atleast under the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ page, as that is were you go if you press the FAQs link on the mainpage.