Re: f7 images for mass production

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

As we've seen in this thread there are a lot of things we'd really like to have fixed on the pressed media, simply because the release has been out for a while and things inevitably fell out of a wider audience using them. To be perfectly honest I think we should just swallow the poisen pill and press the media as shipped, with a paper insert warning people about know issues and recommending immediate update. We'll just pretend like we had these pressed weeks ago when the isos went gold.

I guess the main question is "is the effort that it would take to produce a new ISO worth the bug fixes that would get in, and the potential new bugs that might emerge."

Jesse and Thomas Chung think no. I see that others think yes. I'm inclined to go with Jesse and Thomas's opinions on this, since Jesse feels most of the rel-eng pain and Thomas feels most of the "end user getting one of those discs" pain.

If their opinions change before Monday, then so be it. Otherwise, I guess I'll just use the GOLD ISOs and that will be that.

I still think it was right to ask the quesiton, though.

--Max