Re: f7 images for mass production

Max Spevack wrote:
I wanted to throw a question out to devel-list and Will Woods.

We're getting ready to mass-produce Fedora 7 LiveCDs and DVDs.

I would like to know if the conventional wisdom is that we should use the GOLD images, or if it is worthwhile to use an updated image (either of the LiveCD or of the DVD), in order to pull in any of the updates that have already been published.

Thanks,
Max

IMHO, we should try to ship with an updated kernel and anaconda that fixes the most critical bugs like:
- Dell Core2Duo wont boot.
- e1000 is busted on many laptops.
- (I don't know exactly what, but I heard updates.img mentioned, so there might be important anaconda bugs.)

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx