vde2 - package submission [revised spec]

   I have been wanting to see a VDE2 package for Fedora for a while now
and so I took a little time to write a spec file for it.  I have used it
to build fc6 i386 (my platform) RPMS/SRPM.  Not sure if the fedora-devel
list is where I should submit these but I would like to contribute these
to Fedora as I think in light of increased QEMU usage that this would be
of interest to the general community and is a good candidate for having
it included in Fedora directly.

Gerry

 #- VDE2
 #- (ref: http://vde.sourceforge.net)

 #- VDE can be used to configure QEMU Guest access to the local HOST network:
 #- (ref: http://people.redhat.com/berrange/olpc/sdk/network-bridge.html)
 #- (ref: http://blog.bravecobra.com/index.php/linux?p=41&more=1&page=2)

 vde_switch -tap tun -daemon
 ifconfig tun 192.168.193.225  # (some free subnet & ip address)
 chmod 666 /tmp/vde.ctl  # allow users control access

 #- Use ifconfig to verify whether the TUN device has the specified IP address:
 ifconfig       #- TUN address acts as the GATEWAY for the QEMU Guest.

 #- Set TUN gateway to forward packets to eth0 (our LAN/Internet connection)
 #- To do this we use iptables:

 echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward  # allow forwarding

 vdeqemu -hda hd.img -boot c  # EXAMPLE QEMU INVOCATION

 #- In QEMU configure networking to use another IP in the local subnet with a
 #- gateway corresponding to the TUN device IP:

 #- * IP:         192.168.193.226 (some free address in our new subnet)
 #- * subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
 #- * gateway:    192.168.193.225 (HOST TUN device)
 #- * DNS:        set it the same as your host OS

#run: rpmbuild -ba --define='packager Your Name' --define 'dist .fc6' vde2.spec
Name:	 vde2
Version: 2.1.6
Release: 1%{?dist}

Source0: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vde/%{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
Source1: README.fedora

BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-buildroot-%(%{__id_u} -n)
BuildRequires: autoconf automake libtool
Obsoletes: vde <= 1.5.11
Provides:  vde = %{version}-%{release}

%description
 VDE is a virtual network that can be spawned over a set of physical computers over the Internet

 VDE connects together:
  (1) real GNU-linux boxes (tuntap)
  (2) virtual machines: UML-User Mode Linux, qemu, bochs, MPS.

 VDE can be used:
  (i) to create a general purpose tunnel
      (any protocol that runs over Ethernet can be put into the tunnel)
  (ii) to connect a set of virtual machines to the Internet with no
    need of free access of tuntap
  (iii) to support mobility: a VDE can stay interconnected despite
    of the change of virtual cables, i.e. the change of IP addresses
    and interface in the real world

 VDE2 includes:
   VLAN and Fast Spanning Tree Protocol management
   run time configuration interface:
     (a console for interactive use, a control terminal for daemons)
   wirefilter, a configurable tool able to introduce:
     delays, packet loss, linut bandwidth and several other filtering features

%define libname lib%{name}

%package -n %{libname}
Group:   Networking/Other

%description -n %{libname}
Library files for VDE

%package -n %{libname}-devel
Group:    Development/Other
Requires: %libname = %version-%release

%description -n %{libname}-devel
Development files (headers, libraries) for libvde

%prep
%setup -q
cp %SOURCE1 .

%build