Headsup new (incompatible) libgnomedb and libgda have hit rawhide

Hi all,

A bit late, as I was surprised with rawhide switching to F8 mode so soon, but here is a headsup, or more a heads after about a big leap in the libgda and libgnomedb versions, libgda and libgnomedb in Fedora have long been at the 1.9.100 unstable / testing version, as gnumeric needed something newer then the latest stable and stopped working with anything newer then 1.9.100 .

However libgda and libgnomedb upstream have finally released a new stable version and a contributer has been so good as to provide a patch to gnumeric to make gnumeric work with this version.

So a couple of days ago libgda-3.0.1 and libgnomedb-3.0.0 have hit rawhide, together with a gnumeric 1.6.3 update which works with these new versions.

AFAIK gnumeric is the only user, but if not then please fix your packages to work with these new stable releases.

Also AFAIK several potential libgnomedb using apps where sofar not packaged because of the libgda / libgnomedb long long testing phase. Now that there finally is a stable (most important ABI stable!) release, I expect to see other packages using libgda + libgnomedb showing up. When you add such a package please let me know, so that I can involve you in helping with testing with any gda / gnomedb updates.

Since the 3.0.0 release is not ABI compatible with the 1.9.100 release I'm currently only releasing this for rawhide, however if requested I will concider pushing this as a F-7 updated too, so if you want to see it there, let me know

Regards,

Hans