Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Hans de Goede wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:

Exactly, there are very good reasons why this is a SHOULD and not a MUST. I'm sure almost every reviewer will give a program a test run in the simple program case / scenarion. Why must everything by regulated with rules, procedures and more rules? Why can't we just TRUST each other,

We need to coordinate and not everyone has the same understanding of what is required in a review. New packagers have explicitly asked before for more guidelines. If you believe that every reviewer already tests the simple program case then there shouldn't any problem in documenting that.

Well since we've just written about it, it now is documented. No need to change the guidelines.

No. Mailing lists posts don't constitute proper documentation.

Rahul