Re: Looking for GUI application programs for experiments

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 5/15/07, William Cohen <wcohen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The
characteristics we are looking for in the examples are:

-represent commonly-performed tasks, e.g. edit file and view document
-depend on a number of dynamically-linked libraries
-use GUI
-have built-in accessibility features needed to automate the
        experiment with dogtail
-run for a couple seconds, so instrumented version doesn't take too long
-doesn't require network access

Have you looked at the mugshot compiled stats for most commonly used
applications for registered mugshot users who are running fedora?
http://mugshot.org/applications
I think gedit and evince are obvious candidates, but pretty much all
the gtk based applications that are highly ranked should work for you.

-jef

Jef,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We already have an evince example. Have abiword as a word processor example, but the gedit might be good also.

-Will