Re: Legality of Fedora in production environment

Simo Sorce wrote:
A Russian friend invloved with it just told me that ALT Linux is going
to address the problem in this thread very soon. Maybe it could make
sense coordinating with them and produce something that can be reused by
other free software projects ?

Well, I know this team, I believe that they will try to do something.

But in general, there is an obvious case of the "conflict of interests". Any Linux/Free-software related group in my country usually has no sponsor support. Hence such a group is compelled to earn money independently for the existence. Besides user support, one of the business is the sale of "software boxes" (CDs of free software, accompanied with some docs, licenses etc.). The last one clashes with desire of the user to download something from the Internet directly. :(

~buc