Re: Making beagle optional

On 5/14/07, Alexander Larsson <alexl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just commited a change to comps which makes beagle optional instead of
installed by default. The idea with beagle (and tracker) is nice, but
bugs keep on showing up causing the search daemon to use a lot of cpu
and/or memory, and this makes the default install look pretty bad.

This is somewhat of a feature regression in the default install, but at
this point we just don't have the manpower to make it work 100%. But if
people want it its still there, and eventually it'll be good enought to
turn on by default without affecting the general distro quality.

Thank you my good sir. I hated that thing.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud