Re: Firefox not using ~/Download

Hello Rishi,

On 12/05/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It seems that Firefox is not using the ~/Download directory for
storing its downloads. The default location is still ~/Desktop.
Although one can easily change the settings in Firefox, isn't it more
reasonable if all applications made use of the ~/Download directory by
default when one is available?

Regards,
Debarshi

I'm not really convinced of the value of adding those folders by default. My first instinct is to drag and drop to trash. However I do think that having certain apps use them by default - e.g. grip ripping to music, gimp saving to pictures and yes, firefox saving to downloads would be a good start. I imagine this is probably the intention anyway. However I'm not sure said apps wouldn't spit the dummy if those folders didn't exist.

Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com