Re: Legality of Fedora in production environment

Randy Wyatt wrote:
Why wouldn't a hard copy of the GPL suffice ?

Because such laws are usually made by direct command from BSA and contain specific wording.

I heard some similar scary things about a law in my country (Romania) where exist a national registry for computer programs and you are supposed to use only software registered there. I don't know much about it as I am not an expert in law, but it seems the law is ignored by users and not enforced against free software (so far).