Updates-testing on firstboot

Hi folks,

Following a discussion on whether to move to 2.6.21 for FC6, Dave Jone's made what I believe to be rather a good suggestion, namely offering updates-testing as an option on first-boot - probably at the Additional CD's stage. Dave has suggested "Would you like to test experimental updates?". Possible caveat here.

Now I realise _additional_ options at install is not possibly what people want but thought I'd punt it out seeing as we're all not doing anything important at the moment :) Pros and Cons:

+ Updates-testing gets advertised and used more for its intended purpose
+ We get a middle ground between rawhide and updates
+ We catch silly errors with packaging etc

- Another option to confuse, befuddle and otherwise annoy the fledgling user (I'm playing devil's advocate here)

Well?

Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com