Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Valent Turkovic wrote:
I install a fresh Fedora7 (test 3) then run web browser and go to
fedora magazine page - from there I download some video ogg files from
it.

Why is it that when I click on the file I can't view the video? Player
just crashes! And the default player is kamboodle! Why is that?!? That
is the worst video player I have seen ever! On any platform!
Opensource or not there is no excuse to put that player as the default
one!

I'll note that you didn't choose the default Fedora disc, looks like you chose the Fedora-KDE spin instead. Kaboodle might have been a bad decision, but the KDE spin of Fedora hasn't been around for that long, so filing bugs like this is appreciated.

If you're looking for something closer to FC6, I suggest the default install which IIRC has both GNOME and KDE packages.