Re: Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07

On 17.04.2007 09:42, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 08:22:44AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 17.04.2007 07:48, Dave Jones wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 06:58:52AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
1. In the future we should consider a mass rebuild of all packages around, but no later than test2
Taking a look at the packages in my f7 mirror, I spot 52 packages
that still have a .fc6 tag, none of which look particularly
"omg, we have to rebuild this".  There are also 713 with no %{dist} tag
which include some which we definitly have rebuilt, so it's harder
to figure out which of those got updated and which didn't.
Some numbers:
$ echo $((4073-1206))
2867
IOW: 1206 out of 4073 source packages were not rebuild in devel (both core and extras) between release of FC6 and now.

But that's by choice and now what the usual Fedora policy was until
now.

There is no "policy" afaik. The maintainer simply decided what to do if no mass-rebuild was announced. There were for example mass rebuilds performed in FC6 and FE6.

Here is the historical data, that shows that we've been doing
effectively full rebuilds ever until now. [...]

Just a heads up for the readers (as it's not obvious in the first sight): The data from Axel is for Core only afaics, my data included Extras.

CU
thl