Re: packaging thunderbird and firefox extensions as RPM in Fedora

Owen Taylor <otaylor@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> My feeling is if there are extensions with binary components, it makes
> sense to package them, but for pure Javascript/XUL extensions, it's
> probably easier to let users just install them directly into their
> account for now.

Manual installation of extensions is a pain when you want the same
firefox setup in different environments (home, work, laptop). Doing
'yum install firefox-...' is much easier.

Security is another issue; I trust an rpm package from an official
repository more than a lousy, unsigned xpi from an ip-only webpage
(e.g. TBP).

Enrico