Re: Mirror/server RFE: Do not remove old kernel from updates.

On 4/9/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 09 April 2007 12:56:59 Tony Nelson wrote:
> Although it would be best for Fedora users if all
> updated packages were retained and available for downgrading, certainly the
> kernel deserves special consideration, as changes to the kernel can prevent
> the entire system from working.

And where do we find this mythical beast of unlimited storage?

Instead of leaving the old versions in the updates repository which
uses space on all the mirrors, I wonder if it would make sense to have
a separate repository for old versions.  The archives repository would
only need to be on the master server or could even be a separate
server. People who needed old packages could enable the repository.

- Ian