Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Warren Togami wrote:

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/presto
Those concerned about bandwidth should help the yum-deltarpm project in development and testing.

The whole idea of delta rpms has looked as a nasty hack to me, since i first saw the SUSE implementation back-in-the-days (btw, i think they changed it since). That out of the way, the intention for this project seems to be based very much on the fact that the full rpms should always be available and the delta rpms are auto-generated from those (in some way). When implemented this way, we don't loose all the benefits of having the full rpms, but we gain the smaller downloads for updates. This seems like a very noble project, so I hope we can get it working soon.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

/Thomas