Re: User directories integration - request for help

Patrice Dumas a écrit :
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 10:19:47AM +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
That would limit the use of this to "default fileselector directory" for
applications that have that hardcoded. There are other uses too, like
default bookmarks (in file manager, file selector, etc).

As I said in another mail, the directory should be created when the user
click on it, with a popup asking for confirmation, set to yes for the
default. That way nothing is automatic.
Automatic creation doesn't sound bad to me. If the user doesn't like it, he can delete them, (I do this for some "My *" folders under Windows). The point that I found bad is the translation of the folder. What is planned ? To create translated directories ? If yes, the translation is in my opinion only needed for desktop applications, since a wide-user distribution isn't intended to be used with a terminal.

Axel