Re: Reduction of Fedora releases

Jesse Keating wrote:
In an effort to make Bugzilla easier to use, we've been experimenting with not creating new versions of Fedora for every test release. Reason being is that the typical response to a bug filed against a test release is a request to duplicate it with the current development package set. It also makes it harder for a user to find dups of a bug they're about to file if they have to search through N testN versions. Instead we're asking all bugs encountered in test releases to be filed against devel. (yes you may still get asked to repro with current devel packages, but at least the bug will be assigned to the right release then).

I didn't communicate this experiment clearly last time around and an fc7test1 bugzilla version got created. We're killing that and moving all the bugs to the devel version.

Good call!

After the initial install, most test releases, i suspect, are "yum update"d and essentially morphed into devel anyways...

/Thomas