Conflicts policy (Was: Re: Goodbye, Fedora)

On 21.02.2007 12:58, Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:03:50 -0500 (EST), Eric S. Raymond wrote:
After thirteen years as a loyal Red Hat and Fedora user, I reached my
limit today, when an attempt to upgrade one (1) package pitched me
into a four-hour marathon of dependency chasing, at the end of which
an attempt to get around a trivial file conflict rendered my system unusable.

Without details it is hardly possible to comment on it. But pointing out
the following should be allowed:

The Fedora Extras 6 repository currently is free of broken dependencies.

The Fedora Extras 5 repository contains a single broken package that
is broken for 131 days (linphone).

Conflicts in Fedora Extras are due to the committee's refusal to publish
related policies. Instead, packagers and reviewers are confronted with
lots of minor policies and bureaucracy. [...]

That reminds me: When will the conflicts policy/guidelines ever get finished and made effective by the Packaging Committee? I think it was voted and accepted (not sure), but it's still in the drafts section:

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Conflicts

CU
thl